Date of Last Update: 1 November 2019
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is L’AVES and having its office at 42 Sallowbush Road, Huntingdon, PE29 7BD, UK
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal data about you from various sources. We collect this information when you provide it at on our website, via our social media pages.
Information You Provide
You may provide personal data to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you make a purchase on our site or in our stores, via our social media pages or through one of our mobile applications. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
· Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and mobile or other phone number)
· Age or date of birth
· Username and password, nickname/screen name
· Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code)
· Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address, and billing address)
· Purchase history
· Product preferences
· Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
· Information provided to us through social media networks or one of our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
How We Use the Information
We will use the information you provide to:
· Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect
· Provide the products or services you (or your company) have requested and operate features on our site
· Process your payment card transactions and/or gift card transactions
· Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
· Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
· Post your product reviews
· Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
· Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers
· Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages or mobile applications
· Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
· Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Legal Basis for Our Use of the Information
We will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
· it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
· we have obtained your consent; or if
· we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), visit our social media pages or download and use one of our mobile applications (if applicable), we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs or web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
For your convenience, our mobile applications (if applicable) may also include functionality that allows you to remain logged-in to the application so that you do not have to re-enter a password each time you want to access the application. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMAIN LOGGED-IN, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT ANYONE WITH ACCESS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR MOBILE ACCOUNT AND MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged-in to the application on your mobile device, we strongly recommend you enable the Passcode Lock security feature on your mobile device to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your mobile device and your account in the application.
Technologies We Use
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser.
The following types of cookies are set on this site.
Internal Cookies Essential for the Site to Work
We use first-party cookies to help the site work in the best possible manner. You can opt out of receiving these cookies and disable them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that without these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Cookies
You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. We may implement certain Google Analytics Advertising Features (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Display Network Impression Reporting or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt-out of the Google
Third Party Targeted Advertising Cookies
We may also use third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, to show you interest-based ads. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your preferences by clicking on the cookie control tool above and unselect the “targeting” setting. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal data we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal data with:
· Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web-hosting and marketing services.
· Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us Postal Mail Opt-Out
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any time with effect for the future by contacting us as indicated below. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Personal Data or Restricting or Objecting to their Use
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data we maintain about you, or to request the restriction of our use of this information, as appropriate. You also have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing. For all other purposes, you may object at any time to the use of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, in accordance with applicable law. These rights may be limited in some circumstances under applicable law. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as indicated below.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You also have the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller, where it is technically feasible. You may exercise this right by contacting us as indicated below. You may also lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
We keep the information you provide for the duration of our relationships, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or if required under mandatory applicable law. If you wish to receive marketing communications, we will keep the information necessary to send you these communications following the end of our customer relationship or following their collection, if you are a prospective customer.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular to protect your personal data against accidental unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How to Contact Us
42 Sallowbush road